Where it is taken?
Glass collected at the kerbside is sent to various locations in the UK for a mixture of recycling and energy recovery.
See below the locations of where glass is currently sent:
- Ardagh Glass, Headlands Lane, Knottingley WF9 0HP
- PJP Metals, 39 Brierley Rd, Shafton, Barnsley S72 8QW
- Thomas Armstrong, 37 Knowsthorpe Gate, Leeds LS9 0NP
- CP Environmental, Commerce Park, Markham Ln, Duckmanton, Chesterfield S44 5HS
What happens to it?
The Glass is sorted and the materials are then sent to be processed as below.
- Ardagh Glass - Glass cullet for re-melt - 75.07%
- PJP Metals - Metal recycling - 1.11%
- Thomas Armstrong - Aggregate use - 21.65%
- CP Environmental - Waste (Energy Recovery) - 1.18%Remainder is moisture