- Chemicals and paints
- DIY waste, rubble and building materials
- Electronic and electrical equipment
- Flat glass (greenhouse. windows etc)
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Household and garden chemicals and paints
- Ink cartridges
- Items for reuse
- Light bulbs & flourescent lighting tubes
- Metals – Cans, Foil & Scrap
- Newspapers and magazines
- Oil - cooking oil
- Oil - waste engine oil
- Plastic bottles
- Textiles and clothes
- Wood and timber
Where it is taken?
Smiths (Gloucester) Ltd, Smiths Moreton Valance, Gloucester
What happens to it?
At Smiths the paper is baled and sent for recycling at a Paper Mill in Leicestershire. There the paper is added to water and chemicals, put through tiny screens to remove contamination such as staples, bleached and then fed into a paper machine that removes the water and rolls the paper into flat rolls. It is then cut to size and used as recycled paper, or to make cardboard.
Page updated: 15/11/2022 Page updated by: Gloucestershire County Council