What happens to my recycled plastic?
There are a wide range of products made from recycled plastic including:
- Refuse sacks and carrier bags
- Underground drainage systems for homes and national infrastructure
- Flowerpots, seed trays, watering cans and water butts
- Wheel arch liners and bumpers on cars
- Damp proof membranes, guttering and window profiles used in construction
- Reusable crates and pallets
- Wheel bins and food caddies
- Composters and wormeries
- Drinks bottles and food trays
- Polyester fabric for clothing
Why not check the label of the item you are buying to see if it is made from a recycled plastic?
If you'd like to find out more about what happens to the plastic you recycle from your kerbside, click on the link below.