Traditional bits and wrapping
Browse through the sections below to find out more about how to make 'greener' choices when buying wrapping paper and traditional bits in the lead up to Christmas.
- Most advent calendars are made of a mixture of plastic and cardboard and are widely recycled. Make sure to split apart the materials and recycle them after Christmas this year.
- Reusable advent calendars are a great way to reduce your waste at Christmas. There are lots of different types out there from mini drawers to individual boxes and some are customisable too! The best bit is you can choose what treats to pop inside.
- There are plenty of DIY advent calendars that you can craft yourself at home too. Try saving up your loo roll tubes and filling those, or make little parcels out of fabric or paper! Here are a few DIY ideas to get you started.
- When you are filling your reusable advent calendars, try and go for foil wrapped sweets or chocolates and so they can be easily recycled from home.
- A top foil recycling tip is to make sure you squish them all together into at least golf ball sized to be recycled, this way they won’t get lost in the process.