Skip to content

What can you recycle at the HRC's?

Can I take my business waste to a recycling centre?

No. Any waste or recycling produced from a business (even if this is run from your own home) must be disposed of at a suitably licensed site or collected by a licensed waste carrier.  The Household Recycling Centres are not licensed to accept business waste.

What does business waste include?

Any waste coming from:

  • Construction
  • Demolition
  • Industry
  • Agriculture
  • Any commercial activity - including any you run from your home

Right waste - Right placeRight waste right place?

We are proud ambassadors for the 'right Waste right Place' campaign, which aims to help sole traders and small businesses understand their responsibilities around waste and recycling. The easy to use website has case studies, need-to-know cards, simple guides and videos. For more information click here:

I am a householder. Does this affect me?

Yes. If you hire a company to do anything that produces waste (so this could be some gardening, knocking down a wall, or installing a new kitchen) then you need to check what they do with your waste if they offer to dispose of it on your behalf. This also applies to metal waste that you choose to leave outside your house in the hope that someone takes it. If the waste is later found to be fly-tipped and it can be traced back to you, this leaves you vulnerable to further action. 

Householders can check that a company is registered as a 'carrier of waste' by visiting the following online register: or call 0800 80 70 60 (24 hours service). Ask to see a copy of their registration certificate and keep proof of this. Ask for a receipt. Ask where they are taking your waste. Keep a note of their name and vehicle registration. Be wary if the price seems too good to be true. Report suspicious operators to the Environment Agency using the link above or by ringing the phone number.

Page updated: 08/06/2022 Page updated by: Waste Management

Help us improve Gloucestershire Recycles

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.